I can't believe it's the end of January already! Few things:
1. Have you forgotten about Read for a Lifetime??? If you read 4 books by April 1st, you get to come to a Pizza Party! Message Ms Laura or comment for more details! Here is a link to the list of books:
Remember, all you have to do is read 4 books...and if you've already read the book for school, well that's a bonus!
2. Have you checked out goodreads yet? Its awesome...you can find out what your friends are reading and what they thought about certain books. To see a sample profile, check out Ms. Laura's HERE!!!
You can even connect your goodreads to your facebook, read reviews of books and much more!
3. Like us on facebook to get updates!!! http://www.facebook.com/richtonparklibrary
4. Check out the Young Adult Pages on the library's website! http://www.richtonparklibrary.org/
5. Programs for February are as follows:
Teen Valentine’s Day Friday, February 4th 4:00-6:15pm
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to prepare than to make valentine’s! We will be making Valentines and watching “Valentine’s Day” (PG-13) as well as enjoying delicious snacks! Sign up soon, Limit 25
Teen Board Wednesday, February 9th 4-5:30pm
Are you interested in teen programs? Are you in 7th grade or up? Then think about joining Teen Board. This brand new group will help plan, implement and promote teen programs, decide new materials for us to add to the collection, provide input for the Teen Web page, face book page, MySpace page, and blog, and much more! If you are interested, see Ms. Laura for more information and to sign up.
Teen Nutrition Friday, February 18th 4-5:30pm
Do you know how to stay healthy with today’s preservative and hormone injected food? Come and listen to nutritionist Chris Wager talk about all things healthy and how to steer clear of the dangers that lurk in every supermarket aisle. He will also be offering tips on how to keep fit and active! Sign up today. Limit 25
Teen Book Club Wednesday, February 23rd 4-5:30pm
The Teen Book Club will be meeting the 4th Wednesday of every month in the Meeting Room from 4:00-5:30pm. This month's book is "The Dear One" by Jacqueline Woodson and is available for pick up at the front desk. Come and discuss the book and eat delicious baked goods!
Teen Dinner and a Movie Thursday, February 24th 6-8pm
Love movies? Love food? Then this is the program for you! Bring a dish with you and we will have dinner and a movie! Dinner will be potluck style so everyone must bring a dish with! Sign up at the front desk with what you are going to bring. Pop, Plates and Cutlery will be provided. Limit 25
6. I am reading XVI at the moment, and cant wait to tell you all about it, check back soon!!!